SLT Education Angels
The Springfield Little Theatre Education Angels
Mission: To provide volunteer and financial support to the efforts of the Springfield Little Theatre Education Program
Members: All parents, relatives, friends, and supporters are invited—anyone who is interested in extra special volunteer efforts and/or fundraising to enhance the educational offerings/youth experiences at LT!
Membership Dues: $30 Annual Membership for active Angels
Guardian Angels: If you would like to contribute to the SLT Education Program, but are unable to volunteer your time, you can sign up to be a Guardian Angel and make a gift of $50 to the SLT Education Program.
Angel Volunteer Opportunities:
- Flower Sales at Performances
- Education Prelude Events—pre-performance parties for pipsqueaks
- Raising community awareness—helping to man informational booths at community events such as the Japanese Fall Festival, company picnics, etc.
- Backstage Pass—serving as a “tour guide”
- Birthday Parties—set up and assisting with hosting
- Troupe Holiday Party—organization, decorations, food, entertainment, gifts, etc.
- Thoroughly Modern Madness
- Education Series of Shows at Canvas
- Youthfest Talent Showcase—ad sales
- Hosting troupe mixers—end of the year party, etc.
- And more—Angels answer the call!!!!
Education Angels Primary Commitments:
- One major Education Fundraiser a year
- Troupe Holiday Party
- Youthfest Talent Showcase—provides scholarships for graduating seniors
What you are supporting by being an Angel:
- Scholarships for kids who would otherwise be unable to afford classes, workshops, troupe tuition
- Scholarships for graduating seniors pursuing higher education in the arts or giving it a go in the world
- Enhanced experiences for troupers—possible group trip to see live theatre, bonding opportunities, acknowledgements/thank you gifts, guest artist workshops
- Helping to provide for some of the unbudgeted needs of the Education Program—functional keyboard in every space, stereo systems that fall apart, binders, cd’s, ballet barres, mirrors on the 3rd floor, etc.
- Helping to make possible the purchase of some “wish list” items—TV and smart board set up on the 4th floor, touring sound system, etc.
Angel meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 16, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 18, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 16, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 20, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 17, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 17, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 21, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 19, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 21, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 18, 5:00 p.m.
There will be a Facebook Group: Springfield Little Theatre Education Angels and Lorianne will send out communication via e-mail.
SLT Staff Involvement:
All correspondence, letters, e-mails, press releases, fliers, spending, etc. must be pre-approved by the SLT Staff. The Angel group is a representation of Springfield Little Theatre, and, therefore, communication is key. Lorianne will serve as the staff liaison to the Angels.
Dissolvement: Should the SLT Angels ever cease to exist, all monies raised and items/equipment purchased will remain the property of Springfield Little Theatre.
Lorianne’s Phone Number: 417-869-3869 x21 or 417-234-8001
Marty Chaney: 417-818-3553 or email@example.com
Front Row: (Left to right) Tonya Forbes, Sally Payne, Alia Lee, Deborah Jordan, Paula Sexton, Marty Kassab Chaney
Second Row: Mary Duff, Tracy Mercer, Michelle Tyson, Angie Carroll, Jen Roberts, Mary Maslak, LeAnn Eppard
Third Row: Tonya Brady, Cindy Timson, Melissa Hartley
Fourth Row: Christi Diehl, Cynthia Tay, Karen Richter, Sarah Mauzey, Tina Rejda, Tracy Snodgrass, Angie Carder, Joey Williams, Lorianne Dunn
Top Row: Kris Haik, Gina Wyckoff, Neil Brady, Mark Mauzey, Billy Gowers, Nancy Hall, Becky Skaar, Jacqueline Bills
Not Pictured: Ashley Hunt, Betsy Kassab, Michelle Choate Nichols, Martha Wright