The Springfield Little Theatre Press Room is an online source for detailed information about the organization, current productions, education offerings, and more. Media Kits below contains news releases, official artwork, b-roll packages, cast and artistic team biographies, official press images.
For additional information or to schedule press appearances, please direct all inquires to
Alex Scranton, Marketing Director, at email@example.com or (417) 869-3869 x10.
Springfield Little Theatre proudly announces its 83rd season at the historic Landers Theatre. Proving that there is a Little Theatre in all of us, the 2017-2018 season features seven hilarious, heartfelt, and inspirational live productions and one unique, immersive special event.
Based on the hit songs by ABBA and the story by Catherine Johnson, Mamma Mia! tells the hilarious tale of a daughter’s search for her birth father.
Sophie lives with her mother Donna (Kim Crosby) on a small Greek island where Donna runs a small hotel. As Sophie prepares for her wedding, she dreams of her father walking her down the aisle. The problem: she doesn’t know who he is! With help from her mother’s journal, Sophie narrows the possibilities and secretly invites three men back to the island they last visited 20 years ago.
More than 54 million people around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story, and the music that make Mamma Mia! the ultimate feel-good show. Featuring all the hits you know and love, like “Dancing Queen,” “Thank You for the Music,” and “Mamma Mia,” this show will have you singing and dancing in the aisles!
- OzarksFirst – Springfield Little Theatre’s Mamma Mia!
- Springfield NewsLeader, Larry Collins – “Music, Liveliness and cast carry ‘Mamma Mia!’“
- KSMU – Springfield Little Theatre Opens 83rd Season with “Mamma Mia!”
- Christian County Headliner – “County Residents Perform in SLT’s ‘Mamma Mia!'”
- Bambino’s Italian Cafe – Meet Bambino’s Future Broadway Star
The Miracle Worker
This remarkable family drama is based on Helen Keller’s autobiography, The Story of My Life, and focuses on the extraordinary teacher who taught her to communicate with the world, Annie Sullivan.
Blind, deaf, and mute after suffering a terrible fever as a baby, Helen grows into a wild, angry, tantrum-throwing child who is trapped in a secret, silent world. As a last-ditch effort, her desperate parents contact a school for the blind which sends half-blind Annie to serve as governess and teacher to Helen. Annie fights to bring light to the darkness of Helen’s mind, but it will take all of Annie’s patience, creativity, and firmness of spirit to bring about the transformation of Helen.
An inspirational story about discipline, persistence, and the strength of the human spirit, The Miracle Worker received the 1960 Tony Award for best play. In William Gibson’s riveting prose, one of the great miracles of the 19th century has become one of the great stage plays of the 20th.
- OzarksFirst – Springfield Little Theatre’s The Miracle Worker
- Springfield NewsLeader, Larry Collins – “Springfield Little Theatre connects on ‘The Miracle Worker'”
Elf, JR. – The Musical
Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy featuring a talented youth cast follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised unaware that he is actually a human until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, he heads to New York City to find his birth father, Walter. Buddy discovers his father, half-brother, and many other New Yorkers don’t believe in the spirit of Christmas. This is a problem because people’s belief powers Santa’s sleigh! Buddy is determined to win over his family and help New York City remember the true meaning of Christmas.
This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
- OzarksFirst – Springfield Little Theatre’s Elf, JR.
- KSMU – Elf, JR. The Musical Comes to The Landers Theatre
- The Lebanon Daily Record – Bud from Conway Stars as Buddy from The North Pole
- Central Intelligence, Central High School – Springfield Little Theatre Presents Elf, JR. for The Holidays
- The Smoke Signal, Cherokee Middle School – Elf, Jr. The Musical
West Side Story
Young lovers are caught between prejudice and warring street gangs in this seminal retelling of Romeo and Juliet written by Arthur Laurent with music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
The powerful, poignant, and timely musical explores the rivalry between the “American” Jets and the Puerto Rican Sharks, two teenage street gangs in New York City. Tony, best friend to the leader of the Jets, falls in love with Maria, sister to the leader of the Sharks. Their struggle to survive in a world of hate and violence weaves an innovative, heart-wrenching, and relevant tale.
From the first notes to the final breath, West Side Story is one of the most memorable musicals and greatest love stories of all time. The score by is widely regarded as one of the best ever written, and the dark theme, sophisticated music, extended dance scenes, and focus on social problems marked a turning point in American musical theatre.
- KSMU – Springfield Little Theatre Brings West Side Story to The Landers Stage
- Christopher Elston, Freelance Regional Theatre & Travel Writer – Springfield Little Theatre Kicks Off 2018 with “West Side Story”
- Springfield NewsLeader – “The Time is Finally Right for Timeless ‘West Side Story'”