AN EDUCATION STUDIO THEATRE PRODUCTION
MARCH 7-10, 2019
by David Ives
Features a collection of six short plays.
- Sure Thing: A man and a woman meet for the first time in a cafe, where they have an awkward meeting continually reset each time they say the wrong thing, until, finally, they romantically connect.
- Words, Words, Words: Three chimpanzees, named after famous authors and expected to write Hamlet, for the most part waste time engaging in pointless banter, while occasionally inspired to make grandiose literary allusions.
- The Universal Language: A man welcomes a naive woman into his fraudulent language-learning course, in which he only speaks the invented language Unamunda; however, he confesses to the deception as he begins to fall in love with her.
- Philip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread: A musical parody of minimalist composer Philip Glass.
- The Philadelphia: At a restaurant, a man is informed by a friend that his frustratingly unlucky day is the result of his ensnarement in an anomalous pocket of reality, called a “Philadelphia,” in which he will only be fulfilled by asking for the opposites of what he wants. By the end, the man begins to feel content at last, only for his friend to be pulled also into the Philadelphia, while the waitress groans of her own entanglement in a “Cleveland.”
- Variations on the Death of Trotsky: In comic fashion, revolutionary Leon Trotsky dies over and over again from a mountain-climber’s axe-wound received many hours prior. Ultimately, Trotsky talks directly to his assassin who, while posing as a gardener, actually helped make some flowers in the garden grow. This sparks Trotsky to make his final philosophical statements on human life before he dies a final time.
DIRECTOR: Daniel Bush
|Fate (the bell ringer)||Natalee Peak|
|THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE|
|PHILLIP GLASS BUYS A LOAF OF BREAD|
|Phillip Glass||BAYLOR BARNES|
|Woman 1||SIERRA WILSON|
|Woman 2||NATALEE PEAK|
|WORDS WORDS WORDS|
|VARIATIONS ON THE DEATH OF TROTSKY|
|Mrs. Trotsky||SANDY JOHNSON|
PERFORMANCES AT THE SLT EDUCATION BUILDING 237 S FLORENCE AVE – LESS THAN A MILE FROM THE HISTORIC LANDERS THEATRE
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- Friday, March 8, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- $10.00 – Adults
- $8.00 – Senior/Students
All In The Timing is rated PG-13